View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #99
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
But another part of me is thinking if I rooted I could try other readers, like FBreader and CoolReader. Any thoughts on those vs. Morkl's modified ereader app?
I've tried those briefly, but they don't seem anywhere near as polished as the default Sony reader app. I'm afraid that's not a detailed comparison, but for just wanting to sit down and read I'm more than happy with the Sony-based reader app let alone Morkl's modified reader app.

Rooting is useful if you want to tinker (and I do!), but in all honesty having rooted my reader the day I got it, doing that hasn't added any real value. Note that I haven't tried to install Morkl's home and reader apps via the non-root installer, but if they work and you just want to read, I'd see no overwhelming reason to root your reader.

On the other hand just because your reader is rooted doesn't mean you can't use it essentially like a non-rooted reader...

Have I helped you at all with this reply?

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote