View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
Lead Expression
Lead Expression began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
How about the battery? Maybe it is dying.
I don't think so because the green led remains on all the time until the reader is completely discharged (more than 1 hour). The library is loaded and the battery level is estimated to be 100-90%.

Quote:
And do you remember copying any books to your reader before this happened?
Sometimes a corrupt book may lead to freezing the library.
Well, actually I bought a very big ebook (about 4Mb) and it took a long time to load (about 10s) but in the end it was loaded and I was able to read. The crash happened after about 1 month of no use.
In any case, I've formatted both the SD card and the Cybook, so at the moment there are no data at all. The last test I want to try is to format again and install again the firmware (at the moment I tried to boot the reader after the format without reinstall the firmware). I don't think the data could have corrupted the firmware so that it don't works also after the format... But at the moment I don't have other possibilities, except for the customer support (but the warranty is expired... ).

Any idea? Just to try to understand where is the problem and to try to estimate if it can be effective to repair or not...

Quote:
Welcome to MobileRead, Lead Expression!
Thank you very much, glad to be there
Lead Expression is offline   Reply With Quote