View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #32
msundman
Zealot
msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FBReader on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusfp View Post
I can see how you would doubt 50Hz, but it's true. That is the time quanta available for the flashing that occurs during an update. The LUT's can get quite large since they store what voltages are being applied in 20ms slices for up to a second.
But that should be done by the blitter-type thingy, not by the GP CPU/MC. The latter shouldn't have to calculate pixel data at 50 full screens per second unless you're trying to show videos in HD, and if you do then it'd be better to get a dedicated video-chip in it for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusfp View Post
From what I understand this is a rather generic platform, providing things like the ability to address small sections at faster rates for things like inset animations, subdivide the screen and address the divisions differently
Those are obvious features that should have been part of the first non-prototype version. If that's really what the new controller has brought to the table then it's good news, since you really need those things and I guess it's better late than never. (I got a different picture from that "seamless navigation, drop down/popup menus, responsive cursors, and real-time keyboard entry" text, but I guess I just have to learn that even technical details are sometimes written by marketing drones.)
msundman is offline   Reply With Quote