View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #29
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
jcl -

These other brave souls know more about partitioning the device. As I've said, I used ClockworkMod on my phone to do it. That said, I see no immediate reason why your partitioning setup shouldn't work. Remember: the key step is that you have to get the Link2SD app to recognize the ext3 partition. Once you've swapped the two fstab files with the ones I uploaded, try dropping the install-recovery.sh into the /etc directory. Then, reboot and make sure things have loaded up before you jump into the Link2SD program.

Personally, I have trouble believing that the order in which you partition the card actually makes a difference. However, people here seem to have formatted the entire card as FAT32 and then added the EXT3 partition.

One final thing - the files have definitely been modified. You just need to remove the *.txt tags, which I put on there simply because the MobileRead forum required it.

Good luck! Report back how it goes!

Last edited by kennyminot; 07-16-2011 at 12:52 AM.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote