Thread: Troubleshooting Dead pixel problem solution?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Please explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you referring to the very fine ""dusting" of small black dots on the screen? That's common to all eInk screens, but most people don't notice them. You need to look very closely at the screen to see them.
Hi HarryT
What on earth are you talking about here ?
Never read/heard about that before. So tell me/us more about it ;-D
Just checked my K3 with a VERY strong magnifying glass and saw nothing like "black dusting". The surface is not smooth, but..

And to other posters, I DO wipe it regularly with a silk cloth I use for my spectacles, and since 2010 I've no problems what so ever with that.
Using cleaning fluids is a different matter. NEVER spray on the screen directly.
ALL forms of wiping should done with a "delicate touch" !
I have NO idea just HOW fragile the screen is.

Lastly: I concur doctors. Let's have some pictures, we're all guessing here.
Cheers,
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote