View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Screensaver size and file type for Kindle3??

I wanted to download some screensavers for my Kindle. I did so and loaded them onto my Kindle. Of course, I thought they were already optimized for the Kindle, since they were labeled as "Kindle screensavers," so I didn't check them out or rescale them.... Needless to say, the files are tiny and are stuck in the middle of the screen, taking up about 1/2" by 1" on the screen.

I tried to rescale them (using Gimp - I don't have Photoshop or any other more sophisticated (and expensive) program) to 600X800 and then to 400X600, but the pictures (on my computer) just look bigger and blurrier. I haven't downloaded them to my Kindle - I don't imagine they will look any better there!

What am I doing wrong, or is the source file just too small to scale correctly? Also, they were .png files; do they need to be a different format, such as .jpg, instead?

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote