View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #37
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
Doesn't work like that in the digital world.
Actually, it does. It's why hacking is illegal. It's why law enforcement officials need a search warrant to search your computer. Whether you agree with it or not, computer hacking is already seen as a kind of "trespassing on private property" under the law. How this carries over with the Amazon's rules and the Kindle remains to be seen and probably won't be clarified until it is brought to court (like so many other things in the digital arena).

I'm not worried about Amazon. I strip the DRM off my books and would find other ways of safeguarding my property if I needed to. If all else fails, people can just keep Whispernet off. Then the Kindle is still no less useful than the Sony Reader. Personally, I would still prefer the Kindle for its other features.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote