View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcecreamLtDan View Post
Well, I'm glad to see that it works for some people anyway. I've been involved in a discussion on the Amazon discussion site about this issue and it appears lots of people are having this problem with no fix in site so far.

When I double click on my Kindle for pc icon, whether it's the shortcut on my desktop, or the exe file in the start menu, nothing happens. I see the hourglass icon next to my cursor for a second and then nothing. I've deinstalled kindle for pc multiple times, deleted folders, cleaned out registry entries, deregistered my kindle, moved the contents folder to a different location, all kinds of stuff. I've downloaded kindle for pc from amazon multiple times, tried to install it using run as administrator and still nothing.

At this point, I'm glad the books I had actually purchased I ran through calibre, otherwise I would have no access to them. Oh well, I did enjoy the occasional freebie from Amazon, but I guess no more.
This is a long shot but when the new K4PC came out I had program called ATF Cleaner that when ran deleted K4PC files and I had to reinstalled each time. I had to stop using it because of this but maybe it might delete whatever file that is causing it not to launch. It's a free program. It just cleans out temp files but there something that K4PC uses that it deletes everytime.

I would uninstall K4PC, Run ATF Cleaner then delete everything in your temp folder that's deletable. You can get to your temp folder by typing in %temp% in explorers' address bar. Also when you go to reinstall make sure UAC is off. You can turn it back on once done.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote