View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #50
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
there are dozens of micro-capsules in one pixel

here you go. not mine. they are of a pearl display

he has another set from a Cybook Opus

edit- a couple more interesting links
Thank you for doing this extensive research. And I mean that - with all the (useless) information out there it is getting harder to find good information. I have seen similar - not as good quality though - pictures of close up before. Since I did not want to take the time to actually find one and quote it, I merely said "many" particles which was sufficient for the point I was trying to make. If I would have said wrongly "thousands" I probably would have gotten a flame if it were actually e.g. only a few hundred. Interesting on these pictures is - they show that the eink particles are not uniform in size. I did not know that, actually believed they would be.

Also interesting Kindle does appear to be using AA algorithms when displaying text. That might or might not explain why other devices are less or more fuzzy than Kindles even with the exact same screen. (Hint: different AA algorithms have different results)
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote