View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #14
zenny
zenny began at the beginning.

Device: none
I might have identified the problem by looking at the Metadata screen in Mobipocket Creator and comparing it with the same screens for the subsequent two volumes of the book which passed the test. I have no idea how the error message would lead me there, but, here it is. Notice that the author's last name in the metadata for Book One contains an "s" with a diacritical mark, but not so in metadata for the remaining two volumes. The diacritical mark is also in the title of all three volumes and didn't hurt anything, but, is it just a coincidence that the 'AUTHOR': fragment identifier is not defined ..." and the "Author" in the metadata for the book with the problem differs from the other two instances in that the name of the author contains the ever-problematic FOREIGN language character?

METADATA
eBook Title:The Good Soldier Švejk - Book One
Author: Hašek, Jaroslav

METADATA
eBook Title:The Good Soldier Švejk - Book Two
Author: Hasek, Jaroslav

METADATA
eBook Title:The Good Soldier Švejk - Book(s) Three & Four
Author: Hasek, Jaroslav

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the file 'fateful-adventures-of-the-good-soldier-svejk-book-one.epub/tmp_45edabc97a4f32ec211e103c0d3eefa0_S4Rjiy.ch.fix ed.fc.tidied.stylehacked.xfixed_split_028.html' in which the referenced error occurred. It is/was on the server of the epubcheck on-line gizmo at ThreePress Consulting.

Last edited by zenny; 06-06-2011 at 09:27 PM.
zenny is offline   Reply With Quote