View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #25
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I should say that my attempt with sheet music was almost purely out of curiosity. I go to a fair number of concerts and I'm often surprised that every musician in every orchestra sits dressed in fine attire playing beautiful instruments but each has this preposterous music stand in front of them with large sheets of paper with their music printed on them. They then turn and shuffle these between and during performances. It's seems stunningly archaic. I don't know what the digital alternative might be, but it just seems to me that there ought to be one.
If you're up for a lot of work I could suggest a method. I use a software package called NoteWorthy Composer. (http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/)

For private, non-commercial purposes, I formatted a bunch of christmas carols for the members of our church. (which involved transposing a couple of them to bring them to a more comfortable range, and then also transposing the whole thing so a trumpet, horn, and sax could play along)

For me, I printed out copies of everything. A few things I ended up printing on legal size paper, so that I could see more music on one page without it falling off the piano. Now, NoteWorthy is a notation system, not a graphic system, so when you change the page size, the notes shown re-flow, but rather than scanning in music you will have to encode it (which ends up taking about as long as re-typing a document of similar page length.)

So, after entering the music, changing the page size to match your screen, and printing the music to PDF format, you could display a perfectly readable score. But I can't help you get the page turn time down.....

Roger
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote