View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie44 View Post
I'm converting mobi files to epub, but when I open the epub files in either Sony Reader or Nook for PC, the cover art appears distorted - stretched wide to fill a designated area. After my initial problems I did find and check the "keep aspect ratio" under Preferences - output - epub, but it seemed to make no difference. Is there another setting I am missing?
When converting to epub, calibre changes the cover to SVG to fill the entire screen. Your typical ereader is around 600px/800px and even though it may be slightly distorted it looks great on the reader. On any PC app the area is usually oddly shaped and thus extremely distorted. The experiences between PC and reader are drastically different. On a 6 inch Sony the image will look exactly as it does in the cover browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie44 View Post
I'd prefer to have white/gray/blank column on either side of the cover art than to have it distorted to fill the screen. Is there a way to accomplish this?
I think your experience with an actual Sony will be different, but if that's what you want go to the epub output area and check No SVG cover. This will give you covers created using jpgs that will not fluctuate with the size of the screen. I believe keep aspect ratio is used with JPGs.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-17-2010 at 04:24 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote