Thread: Frustration
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Doc,
I have managed a 505 for the better part of 3 years, as well as my wife's 300 lately. I have NEVER ever used the Sony software to manage my collection on my reader. Do yourself a huge favor and use Calibre. The Sony software is garbage. Calibre is (in my opinion) the ONLY software that should be bundled with any reader. I honestly believe that Kovid is virtually singlehandedly responsible for the surge in popularity for ereaders thanks to his hard work with Calibre. You will never think of deep sixing your reader again.
I second this. Uninstall all the Sony and Adobe ADE software you have. Install Calibre. Plug your PRS-300 in. Calibre will discover all the books on your reader.
Start downloading some free books from this website and having a play with the reader to get familiar with the process. There are many DRM free book stores out there to buy books from - no need for ADE or Sony software.

Good luck!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote