View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
MJD has a series about a female mermaid named "Fred"...

Casey Daniels has a series that has what seemed to me to be the same kind of humor as MJD - it's about a woman who is a tour guide in a cemetary who, after a fall and bump on the head against a tombstone, she sees dead people who want her to solve their murders.

Candace Havens and Madeline Alt write witch series that strike me as similar humor to MJD. Mindy Klasky, too.

Have you tried Janet Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" mysteries? The series has become same-old-same-old, but reading the first four or eight are still worth a giggle, IMO.

Jennifer Skully wrote a "screw-ball comedy" called "Sex and the Serial Killer". I really don't know if it's funny or heavy - I just couldn't get past the main concept! And she does tend to write "hot", although I don't remember if that's true in the "screwball" books she wrote for HQN.

Finally, I don't know if you read romance, as a rule, but sometimes I like to intersperse the heavier urban fantasy's with a light romance. Julia Quinn tends to be fairly light (Brighter Than the Sun?)

But if you really want silly vamps, I think Dakota Cassidy has a couple of humorous vampire stories. Probably more sex than you're looking for...but hey, MJD was originally released by Ellora's Cave, too!

Last edited by FizzyWater; 06-22-2009 at 07:07 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote