View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #12
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Sony is going the way the AVERAGE customer is pointing to:

-more features
-cheaper units
-now, instantly, yesterday!

No wonder things are pushed to market imperfect.

That's one side. The other side is (at least my experience with that company):

-Sony is quite paranoid (copy protection, crippled software, root-kits, DRM, ...)
-Sony doesn't listen to customers if they have problems (my sad experience even long time ago)
-Sony at least sometimes doesn't have customer support at all (my sad experience 10 years ago)
-Sony tries to dominate market with pseudo-standards (ATRAC, memory-stick, ...) and fails therein (customers partly pay the bill)
-Sony partly don't tell the truth over product features, man could say they lie (for example: against Sony's advertising there is no real MS Word file-format-support on their ereaders)

I guess that some behaviour is Japanese-like:

-Don't admit anything! You can loose your face... ('This problem with the T1 is completely unknown...')
-Don't listen to customers ('We are a big company and know how to manage it')

Personally I strictly avoided Sony products over 10 years after troubles with that brand. I gave them a chance with the PRS350 which seems to be a mature and honest product. I like it. Not bundled to whatever store and proprietary file format.

But with the T1 I've the impression that ends in the ereader corner. PC-software is buggy and crippled - mementos come up from MD-times. Software on the reader is buggy (memory-leak I suppose) and Sony is putting the had in the sands.

Sorry to say that - but I NEVER EVER would buy a T1 until it is clear that Sony solved the evident problem.

Just my 2 c.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote