View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #17
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
Yeah right...

Everyone even considering a PW should spend a few hours reading their forum here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209032

As annoying as Kobo's Software problems can be, it is possible to work around most of them and fix them manually. (sideload fonts with working italics fixing book css in sigil for better margins, etc.)
But a crappy screen with pink and green blotches remains a crappy screen. :P
I don't know why you 'd want to misinform people this way. Amazon's device had a few teething problems in the first couple of months (and it being amazon promptly replaced people's kindles on the slightest indication of a problem) but after that they have been excellent. I know plenty of people who have kpw's all with absolutely excellent screens. I am really not sure why you 'd like to perpetuate this rumor, which strangely enough is kept alive in these forums by certain parties and nowhere else.

And of course as far as answering to what I said point to point, posting a won't cut it.

Oh, and about kobo's software. You know how much time I 've spent debugging kindle's software, zero minutes. Boy would I love to spend half the time in these forums and with third party software to fix this, download that, sidestep the other for kobo to work.

It's a no contest between the two devices. It's night and day. And the reason I insist and take the time to point this out, is because I 've been burned before by mickey mouse players in the ebook reader world (of course not mickey mouse players making 4 billion in revenue, so I was a bit more lenient with them). And as soon as I got my kindle, I thought, boy would I have made such a huge mistake (again) to go with the perceived advantages of some extra storage from kobo, and I 'd have spent my time debugging the software instead of using it.

There's a huge buyer beware all over kobo devices. I would only suggest them to hobbyists. I am adamant about this.
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote