View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
The more folks argue for backlist books being priced at USED book prices....the more they make the case that it's not worth it to bring out such books in ebook form.
You'll always have a certain number of folks who think ebooks should cost a few bucks.

I personally have no problem paying a fair amount for backlist titles I want. The problem come in when we look at what I might think is fair and what the pubs think. I'd be perfectly happy paying say $4.99-$6.99. But $15 or more, nope.

Example: Older Star Wars books are being released in digital soon. I'd have happily picked up a few for $5-$7 for nostalgia's sake and maybe even gone as far as new MMPB pricing, but instead the first one is now listed for pre-order at $15...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00513HWXO

I'm sure others will buy it and think the price just fine...

When DVD's started taking off movie companies were in a similar situation and managed to put out tons of their back catalogs for reasonable prices (most of the time). Publishers are now faced with a similar challenge. If they do it right it could be a huge boon to their bottom line.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote