View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by coeus View Post
Doing a search on ebay I see that the PRS-505 is going for $200-250. -snip- Kobo doesn't seem to support a lot of file formats. - snip - I really liked the PRS-505 (and regret selling mine a year ago), however I'm surprised they haven't gone down much in price. Can anyone here recommend a reader similar to the 505. Simple, support a lot of file formats, but has newer eInk technology?
You might want to reconsider the Kobo. Considerably less cost than the Sony which has been out of production since 2008 (early 2009?), and comes with a one year warranty. If you want something more than ePub -- which, after Kindle is the most important format -- maybe you should consider an Astak or Pocketbook as they support more formats and are currently in production.

PRS-505 is already abandoned by its manufacturer; nor has Sony release an updated unit in 2010. I'd be inclined to look elsewhere or, at least, refine my list of "must haves" and "nice to haves" relative to my budget.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote