View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Simple: the Sony PRS-505 is the best ebook reader ever built. Okay, I might be biased, being a 505 owner myself, but I do honestly think they are. They're solid, reliable, ergonomically wonderful, sturdy, and flexible. They're very compact, unlike readers with keypads, weird LCD things, etc. They have incredible battery life. The screen is easy to read. They don't have a touch screen, so you can read while eating Cheetos. The can take SD cards or Sony Memory Sticks. If you put PRS+ on them (I've been too lazy so far) they're even cooler.

If you want a wireless connection, and the concomitant ability of your device manufacturer or book vendor to monitor your reading, delete books off your device, etc., the 505 isn't for you.

If you want a touch screen and don't care about reliability, making sure to thoroughly wash your hands before reading, and a blurry screen, the 505 isn't for you.

If you want a device that is more about surfing the Web, playing games, and answering your email than about reading ebooks, then the 505 isn't for you.

But if you want a device that you can load up with thousands of ebooks and read anywhere, no muss, no fuss, then there's nothing better than a 505. We're a two-505 family now, and thinking about picking up a spare in case one of ours meets with some sorry fate. There is absolutely no ebook reader that I would recommend as equal to, let alone better than, the 505.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote