View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #17
Yves Gorat
Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi all,

thanks a lot for your support, I really appreciate you taking all that time! Now let me try to comment on some of your additional information:

Elfwreck, I tried to make a clear distinction between "published" and "self-published" in the introduction. I know this distinction will probably to some extent disappear, but with "published" I meant that you have a publisher (for example Random House) who pays you upfront instead of self-publishing, where you do not have an editor, cover artist etc., working for you, but instead you have to prepare everything yourself and then self-publish. Sorry if that was not totally clear (or still isn't?)

Nyssa, sorry, first time I hear about this.

Artifact, I hope I didn't say that self-published eBooks are of lesser value. And with overhead I meant that there is no publishing house "overhead" (editor, graphic artist, marketing, ...) to be paid by for the self-published book. Sorry if that didn't come across right.

Meeera, I know not all options were present in all cases. However this would have blown up the proportions of the survey. "Spouse" is probably not a good translation from what I had in mind. I meant somebody staying at home (e.g. with the kids). For example, I've been an expat for many years, which "confined" my wife to a jobless life. On Q11, I tried to at least narrow down the type of eBook to "fiction, 300 standard pages". I know this still leaves many possible points of difference, but together with Q12 it allows me a comparison for "published" and "self-published" books.

Thanks again!,

Yves
Yves Gorat is offline   Reply With Quote