View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #73
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheichxodox View Post
But how do you hold the Touch? You would have to move your thumb each time you want to turn the page. It's not possible to simply rest the thumb on the display of course.
How did you turn pages on the Kindle Keyboard without moving your thumbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Will the new "Paperwhite" e-ink make up for the reduced contrast from the lighting overlay? I'm skeptical. The front-lit Nooks clearly had less contrast.
I have one of the earliest Sony Touch models and the reduced contrast is very noticeable. If the new Kindle doesn't have good contrast, I may skip this year's model. However, Amazon and others did manage to solve the contrast problems for touch readers, so maybe Amazon will have come up with a solution for poor resolution on front-lit models. Here's hoping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
...I do hope that they have solved the 'hotspot' problems that have plagued the Nook GlowLight. E-ink screens are delicate enough without making them even more delicate.

If there's an option to get one without the built in light I would probably go for that if there's any reduction of contrast associated with it.
It would really be a deal breaker if they haven't. As I mentioned elsewhere, the only Nook Glow I've held in my hands was in a B&N store and it had an obvious hotspot near the center of the page. It was almost like a tiny man had poked a hole in the screen and was peering through with a flashlight.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote