View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by alboss View Post
Hi, folks.

I bought a new Pocket eDGe a few weeks ago. I read the forums and got past the registration screen, no problem. I didn't try upgrading the OS or anything, just tried to get used to the device.

After a few days, it quit recharging. The LED went from green to red to blinking red to nothing at all.

I have tried, in every combination mentioned on every forum I could find:

* making sure the charger was not plugged into the headphone jack
* charging 2 hours
* charging 24 hours
* charging 48 hours
* powering on while plugged in to the charger
* powering on while not plugged in to the charger
* holding the power on switch for 60 seconds
* pushing the reset button with a paper clip
* pushing the reset button with a paper clip for 30 seconds
* powering on while holding "menu" and "rotate" buttons for 30 seconds

My luck's been consistently bad--I've had the same lack of results with everything I've attempted.

I am open to suggestions. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Best,

Al

You need to find someone with a multimeter and have them read the voltage coming out of the charger. Insert a paper clip into the center lead and clip the positive lead (red) of the multimeter to the paper clip and the negative lead (black) of the multimeter to the outer. Plug the charger in and look for 12 VDC.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote