Thread: Westerns?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I love the classic stuff, too, but don't overlook some of the fantastic more recent works either. Robert B. Parker's (of Spencer fame) westerns starring Vigil Cole and Everett Hitch are excellent (Appaloosa, Resolution and Brimstone). I can also recommend James D. Best's Steve Dancy stories. The first book (The Shopkeeper) is available for $4.99 - $5.99 pretty much anywhere ebooks are sold.

I'd also feel remiss if I didn't mention Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove.

Blue Heaven by C.J. Box is a modern day thriller with a classic western subplot that might serve as a nice transition from crime/mystery to westerns.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote