View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #354
Sparkrite
Sparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toysSparkrite shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Maslan: Start with flashing partitionheader+bootloader to 0x0, plus kernel to the correct location. With a bit of luck, that should fix it already. Would be worse if you flashed the rootfs to 0x0, in that case, the device id section would have been overwritten for sure.
I did exactly what Maslan did, if you follow EXACTLY what the guide tells you to do, (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk) this WILL happen. IMHO Steps 9 and 10 should be reversed.

However I managed to get my K3 to boot up by flashing the V3.4 kernal and rootfs and V3.3 partitionheader+bootloader. But it is very unstable and rest assured all the devices ID's have been overwritten as there is now no Mac addy or device ID.
So without a way of editing the locations where these exist I reckon its pretty much bunched !
Sparkrite is offline   Reply With Quote