View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
True clean reset

Is there a procedure to reset the Kobo ereader to a clean factory state including cleaning out all information about previously loaded books. When I was attempting to remove several books my offspring had installed, I was noticing that the database (koboreader.sqlite) still had information on them as did the images folder. This also seems to have been the case when an SD card being used with the Kobo was damaged -- cat decided it was a toy -- but the information on the books on the card survived the reset. Could be that the database is not being vacuumed.

I suppose I could try the firmware update from SD card at a local Chapters or Indigo since that does seem to wipe everything by rewriting the file system but kinda like using a sledgehammer to swat a gnat.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote