Thread: Virtual books
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustacean View Post
I was all set to do the belt n braces thing - get a Kindle as well. But Calibre is here to help avoid lashing out £79.99 on another gizmo with yet more charge leads - my suitcase for my 6 week trip to Spain looks like a snake pit of cables.

If I delete the stuff on my Kobo that I have obtained from Kobo, are you guys saying that I can get it all back from Kobo - again? Won't I still be up the same creek?
The short answer is, you shoud be fine.

The longer answer...

When you buy a book from Kobo, it is added to your account. That account can be accessed in various ways: from a Kobo device, Kobo app on a tablet, the Kobo desktop application under Windows or Mac or through the Kobo site. All of your books can be listed in all these places. And even if Kobo stops selling a book, it will still be listed.

If you delete a book from Kobo on your ereader, there are two options. The prompt says "Remove from..." with the choices "eReader" and "Kobo account". Selecting the first will remove it from the ereader, but there will still be a record of it that you can see and tap to download later. If you choose the second, it is moved to the "Trash" in your account. This will remove it from the other devices and app, but you can recover it from the trash on the Kobo web site. Or delete it permanently.

Kobo also have other formats for nearly all their books. These can be access from you account on the store. In the list of your books, there will be a button for either "Download epub" or "Adobe EPUB". The former are DRM free epubs and will download directly via the browser. The latter have Adobe DRM and will be downloaded via ADE (Adobe Digital Editions). Either of these can be read on non-Kobo devices or applications. Or converted to other formats such as those suitable for Kindles (with removal of DRM as needed).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote