View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 AM   #7
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You'll probably find that the device will not recognize more than 2GB on the card, though, if there's no firmware support for SDHC.

SDHC support should be a firmware issue, not a hardware one. Given that the Kobo is based on the Netronix EB600, the card controller almost certainly supports SDHC.
I haven't loaded very many books onto the SDHC card yet, but if I go into the Settings Overview on the Reader itself - it does recognize all 4gb (or close to it anyways) under the Removable Storage heading.

And to be perfectly honest I don't remember reading that we couldn't use an SDHC, but then again we all know what excellent documentation came with the Kobo, lol.

EDIT - From the FAQ section on koboreader.com

13. What type of SD card does the Kobo eReader support?
The Kobo eReader supports SD cards up to 4GB in size. SD High Capacity (SDHC) cards are not supported.

Still seems weird to me - maybe my SD card is labeled wrong - but it does say SDHC right on the card and the reader is saying 4g is there!

Last edited by Orochi; 05-09-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote