Thread: PRS-300 A few questions :(
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Welcome to MobileRead, PeonWhoCan!

The prs300 does not support the format you list, but calibre can easily convert them. Calibre is a powerful tool, and I would advise you to use it for more that just conversions.

In the sony readers, you can organise your books with collections. If you load your books on calibre, you'll see that you can edit metadata and add tags. Each tag you add will be a collection on your reader. If you want to browse your books by author, add a tag with the author's name to each book. Alternatively, or additionally, you can add a tag with the genre of the book, a tag specifying if you've read it or not and so on. A book can appear in multiple collections at once.

I hope I've answered your questions. I don't have a 300, but I do have a 505 and a 600, and I believe the collections work in the same way in all of them.

Have fun with your new reader!
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote