View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@unboggling: There is no setting in CC that will clean up after a reader program.
Thought that likely, vaguely recalled you mentioning that in a prior post somewhere.

Quote:
They appear to be cover images, which it probably uses to accelerate drawing its bookshelf view, Kovid is right -- Moon+ should delete these files itself, but it doesn't. I will look at adding some kind of consistency checker that is app-based, but it will probably need to wait until we have a more rational preferences setup.
Eventually, it would be great if CC could eventually trash those persistent Moon+ pngs. Since CC grabs from calibre, doing the .png delete along with format delete from CC makes sense to me, though I'm in the habit of deleting things from the calibre end rather than the device end. btw, as a brand new CC user, the preferences didn't seem irrational to me. But I know what you mean.

Quote:
BTW: Moon+ survives deleting the entire directory. It recreates it when it needs it, adding the covers at that time. That is a fast way to clean up after it.
Thanks for the tip. There are some other things in the .Moonreader directory, at least with Moon+ Reader Pro. A file debug.txt and a directory pdf-fonts containing Times-Bold and Times-Roman ttf files and a cache directory. This might be different than the free version which AFAIK doesn't include PDF support. And I'm not sure those would be automatically replaced if I delete the entire .Moonreader dir. The Android File Transfer application on OS X doesn't let me copy those which I'd want to do before testing the delete.

Edit: Learned how to copy and delete on Android end. Deleted .Moonreader dir. Restarted Nexus7. Transferred some PDFs from calibre to CC and opened them in Moon+. Moon+ recreated the debug.txt which is just some version & build info, and also recreated the dir pdf-fonts and its contents. So deleting the entire .Moonreader dir works well. Thanks for mentioning that.

Last edited by unboggling; 09-20-2012 at 12:57 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote