View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 AM   #5
zzmijarevic
zzmijarevic began at the beginning.

Device: HTC HD2
In regards to the DropBox idea, I used a similar approach - using Gladinet Cloud Desktop. Gladinet Cloud Desktop allows mounting a number of different online storage folders (see www.gladinet.com).

I tested Calibre with a mounted box.net folder and a folder synced with my FTP server (both using Gladinet). But, unfortunately the results are the same as with the DropBox approach because of the way Calibre opens and uses its database.

However, in terms of future development, approaches using DropBox and Gladinet are equivalent to using mounted disks or network drives in Windows. In such cases, better file handling is needed in Calibre. Alternatively, Calibre may be developed to directly use different storage maybe including something with a "social" dimension (something Mendeley is using).

Since I had only recently joined this forum, I didn't have the time to browse for all threads that may be related to multi-user / sharing features. I'd appreciate some pointers to relevant threads so I can contribute with ideas and experience (p.s. some threads are quite long and catching-up is tiresome).

Thx.
zzmijarevic is offline   Reply With Quote