View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #46
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaminkatze View Post
I feel like I'm not ready for a cross-compiled language (besides I never really used C).

This is how far I got (with the eips calls, thus same update speed) .

Run it with gameoflife savegame.png
The image is loaded via eips -g. The topmost row and leftmost column indicate the field position.
I am thinking about breaking my individual functions (line, circle, etc.) into individual script files instead of a monolithic (one file) script.

Also, I am considering writing a replacement for eips that lets you do partial updates (specifying the corner coordinates of the update area). I was thinking I should call it "eoops".

That way, I can replace individual scripts with compiled C versions that are identical in function (but a lot faster). The first scripts to update to C should be the line and circle functions. That way, existing scripts will not need any changes to run faster (other than removing the embedded functions and adding my "graphics library" folder to the search PATH env var).

Thanks for the source code. I will check it out later when I have more time. I like the nice anti-aliased splash screen. Personally, I like mapped memory calls instead of fread and fseek -- you can just treat the framebuffer as a large memory array. There is some sample code posted somewhere here...

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-27-2012 at 01:03 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote