View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lporter View Post
Not quite. When the kindle boots, it uses the board ID to work out what model it is and as such initialise the RAM in the appropriate manner for that board. When one totally wipes a kindle, it removes that information which prevents it from booting.

I want to bypass the detection routine and so remove the need for the board ID.

That being said, the modification you suggested is something I would gladly work on once I get my kindle running again!

However, my issue is that I can't get any u-boot.bin file that I have compiled on my system to boot, even one that was produced from amazon's unmodified source code.

I have tried on multiple machines on multiple os'es, so I assume I am missing something here.
Have you tried eureka's u-boot?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote