Thread: Sony or Nook?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #70
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Was that a nook classic or nook color? The nook classic has page buttons which work fine. I like my wife's nook classic but the responsiveness of the color touch screen is abysmal. Quite disappointing.
You know, I think I'm a little confused. I thought the Nook classic used page swipes too, but the person at B&N, when he was demoing it for me, said the classic does not have page swipes, just the color.
So, it must have been a color Nook that the woman on the bus was swiping several times to turn a page.

I was surprised how much I liked the Nook. It felt good in my hands, and pretty intuitive. I actually prefer buttons to turn the page (I love my Kindle). I finally was able to actually get a Sony 350 in my hands today, and it just didn't appeal to me - I didn't like the touch screen or the small size. Of course, it was in Borders and no one offers any assistance in that place, so I was on my own, and confused. (To be fair, they probably really don't care about customer service at this point...
May be due to me being an, ahem, older lady, but I think in the long run I will be happier with the Nook.
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote