View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
chromedome
Enthusiast
chromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Voyage, PW2, Kobo Glo (KK, Sony PRS600)
I really like the Gecko Slim-Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I ordered this Gecko Slimfit cover, but it hasn't arrived yet. I only use my Kobo at home for now and never take it out until I get a cover on it.

Edit: Both of these are sleep covers btw.
I have this cover for my Glo and it's really well made, it fits beautifully and the front cover is very solid. This is the first case I've had for any reader which stays on whilst I read, it's that unobtrusive. With the case shut I think it would be very difficult to damage the screen. It also has the magnets in the right places for auto switching on/off your reader when opening and closing the cover.

To add a little context, I own (well my wife does now) a kindle 3 (keyboard version) with an Amazon brand cover which was/is probably slightly more sturdy but it's too heavy and awkward and was always removed as soon as I began reading; the same can also be said for the Sony PRS600 own brand cover. I checked out the Kobo branded cover and decided against it as it seemed very much like the Kindle version, but slightly less well made.

I've only had the Gecko cover for a few months now, but I've had my glo since last October. Prior to that, I bought a black zipped hard pouch designed for a Kindle 4 non-touch which fit perfectly, but after a while I just got annoyed with having to zip/unzip the case in the dark after reading late into the night. I also don't like the feel of the rubberised coating on the Kobo Glo. The Gecko cover solved both problems perfectly. I'm glad I took a chance on the Gecko Slim Fit and I'm certain that if/when I upgrade to my next reader, I'll be looking for a Gecko cover like the one I have on my Glo.

Good luck with whatever you purchase.

Greg
chromedome is offline   Reply With Quote