View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #6
J. Garrett
Enthusiast
J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, 6" E-Ink
I always try to make sure that no glaring plot holes or inconsistencies make their way through to the final draft, but I suppose it's going to happen sometimes and there's the chance that things most people won't notice [and even the writer might not notices] can be picked up on by the kinds of people who dig deeply into stories and try to tease out things like that.

On the other hand, I don't have a problem with leaving certain things vague and letting the reader come up with their own idea to fill that hole. Of course, you do have to be careful there, because some readers do want all the details or maybe will unintentionally fill the hole with something they don't like. So, I guess it's a balancing act, of sorts. How much do you want to explain? And do your "plot holes" work within the framework of what your narrator [and, by extension, your reader] should know about?

Not all plot holes are created equal, is what I'm getting at.
J. Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote