View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #14466
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Now I'm moving onto another indie novel: Clay's Way by Blair Mastbaum, a GBLT, coming-of-age romance set in Hawaii which could be interesting.

I love these books if they're done right so we'll see how it goes.
This one had a lot of impact on me. It lures you in with the promise of obstacles overcome, tantalises you with the possible happy ending and then sucker punches you.

There were a few too many parallels with my early life which made it far too easy to relate to the main character. I feel like watching Mary Poppins after that.

Could have done with more proof-reading though.

After the great experience I had with Martuk ... the Holy, I picked up two of Jonathan Winn's novellas which are basically side-stories for the novel. The first is The Wounded King and the second is The Elder.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote