View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #40
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I salute Amazon for allowing DRM. What is the case against it?
It comes at too steep a price. It restricts the consumer in ways that don't have anything to do with protecting the author's interests.

And Amazon isn't "allowing" anything. The publisher (whether that's an agency or an individual) determines whether the book has DRM.

Quote:
Given the ridiculous ease of removing DRM from Kindle books I have to ask - who the hell cares whether or not the books come with DRM?
You do all realize that the status quo on this can go tits up in a heartbeat though, right? We've been quite lucky in that regard for so long that I believe we've become a bit spoiled and complacent. Those who do remove DRM should still care whether or not it exists in the first place.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-16-2011 at 04:17 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote