View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Sounds like a good use for a piece of vacuum molded Lexan polycarbonate. Makes me wish I'd gotten around to building that vacuum table I researched a couple years ago for another project... I'd like one of these and it could be light, strong, come in multiple colors and be pretty cheap to mass produce.

OTOH, there would be no soft materials present to cushion the reader like a padded cover would and the plastic would directly transfer any shock to the reader... but, I like the concept. I wonder if there is some sort of foam with a hard shell layer that something like this could be cast or molded from? Just a hard shell thick enough to keep the center from deforming and hitting the e-ink screen from a reasonable drop height, say 4-6'...

Last edited by TechniSol; 02-08-2013 at 01:05 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote