View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
Pingu
Enthusiast
Pingu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Some basic Kindle 3 questions-Australia

Hi all

I have posted in the general e-reader section but you Kindle lovers may not see my confuddledness there.

My questions are kind of dumb but I need to get my head around these things somehow!

* What is the keyboard used for? It seems a lot of space - why do I need it?

* Can all books use the talking book function or only some? Do you need earphones for that?

* Can I really truly use the 3G version as an internet provider for any site? I see conflicting information-some things say only Wikipedia, others say useable for anything but slow. If I wanted to read my hotmail emails for example or use librarything.com - can I really?

* What is your experience with downloading books from a Wifi hot spot if you don't have 3G? ie an airport/McDonald's etc.

* I just want to be able to read general fiction plus have my kids use it for their reading of chapter books when we travel to save carrying tons of books for us all. I can't decide about 3g or no 3G. I don't need to be instantaneous, I can download books before we leave home...but what are you r feeling on the 3G necessity for an average user.

Please note I am in Australia!

Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote