View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #59
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
Sorry to answer to this old post, but I encounter an annoying behaviour with "recent" versions of ADE and some other software like fbReader.
In french, it is typographically correct to write, let's say, "Mlle" with "lle" as superscript :
Code:
M<sup>lle</sup>
Same with "Dr", "Me", etc.
The annoying behaviour I am talking about is that the software might break the word between "M" and "lle" to render a new line within a paragraph, instead of starting before or after the complete word. It would break chemistry formulas, etc.
This is not related to hyphenation since it was the first thing I disabled when encountering this for the first time.

It does not happen with ADE 1.x and on my PRS-T1, or when viewing the xhtml file in any browser I have tried.
It happens with ADE 2.0, Adobe Reader and fbReader on a friend's Pocketbook 623. I suspect it happens on all recent readers.

May be someone has some trick to avoid that ?
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote