View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
for an individual, if they are not at home when the postman tries to deliver the package, he will leave a slip of paper in the mailbox which you present with your id card in your local post office to retrieve your package.
I've lived in France for a couple of years, and this is true (it's also true in Spain, at least). Once it happened that I was not at home and the postman left the parcel at the next door neighbour's. Yet another time it was the opposite, and I got a package for the neighbour.

Quote:
in other words, the postal service in france (like most postal services in the world, i expect) is usually fairly reliable, but every once in a while they will do something staggeringly irresponsible.
That's my experience as well, except that once some friends told me they had send a gift for me by mail... and it never arrived But the fault could be in another country, as it came from abroad.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote