View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #65
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Steve, you wanted me to explain why I made that post before. I have. Please take a moment and try to understand why people would find HansTWN's post insulting and alienating.
I find the comments by both Steve and HansTWN rather distressing. Neither has really offered any proof that ebook piracy is a real big problem; like the MPAA and RIAA, when asked for proof by the US gov, they really had nothing to offer. They are always talking about stealing from the authors, but really how big a problem is it? I've looked on the Pirate Bay, and there's just not that many ebooks to even pirate, unless you count the sex and get rich schemes.

And both of them dismiss the possibility that people are downloading the ebooks because they have already bought the book, but need a drm-free copy to put on their other devices. In fact, both of them seem to dismiss drm as a "problem".
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote