View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #34
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
The results have not been what I expected!

I'm surprised we haven't seen a lot of people say that the time most people spend watching TV they spend reading (so the money for cable wouldn't be worth it).
I've always found it a very narrow-minded attitude for people who think that television (and movies) can't be a worthy, valid form of expression, entertainment, and art. They are even gleeful to admit that they own no TV. (Like the post above yours-- there should be an internet law that, as any discussion of TV grows longer, the chances of someone showing up to declare their pride at owning no TV approaches 100 percent.) Sure, most TV shows and most movies are garbage-- but so are most books. You have to pick and choose what you consider to be worth your time. If you shut yourself out entirely from an entire medium, you are screwing yourself out of a lot of worthy material.

Last edited by ardeegee; 08-30-2010 at 01:13 PM.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote