View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
I'd recommend against the 2GB card unless a) you enjoy paging through 100+ screens to find the title you're looking for, b) plan on carrying several very large PDF books, or c) plan on carrying a lot of music/pictures with you. I started with a 512MB card and put maybe 35 titles on it, plus several others on the internal memory; this made it a little difficult to find what I wanted, esp. if they aren't native LRF format and have meta-tags. I am now to the point where I don't really use the SD card for books unless I don't want to have to sync the Reader w/ my PC.

Other than that, while you're waiting you might want to fiddle around with some of the conversion software you can find in the forums, as I'm sure you'll be looking for them in the future and you can start playing now.

Have fun!

Edit: Here's a link to a thread about collections and external memory cards. While it doesn't specify how big the card is, it will help clarify what I was refering to about too many books on a card. I kinda like yvan's idea with multiple cards, but I'm not that OCD.
i was reading about the file system inadequacies here. i do have quite a few pdf's id like to bring along with me, but maybe ill wait till i get the reader and see how it fills up before i decide on a card. thanks for the link ill check it out!
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote