View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I rethought this subject.

I write for myself, but exactly who is that?

I believe that my own tastes are acquired from reading material I like and then evolving constructively both with new material and internally in my own mind.

Now how does that relate to the "readers out there." Or maybe we should say "our customers." The readers share our universe. They read the same kind of material and they recognize what they like.

If we have chosen good authors to emulate and our interpretations have grown properly, then we will probably be able to relate to the available audience and find a customer base.

Or put another way, our tastes will be their tastes.

We will have all been assimilated.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote