View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Ok, I'm trying to decide which smart phone would be best for me to get. What appeals to be about the iphone is all the free apps, but I know android has free apps as well. I don't really care if one camera is better than the other unless it's a huge difference. I'd be using the phone mainly for calling, texting, applications and games - providing the apps and games are free. So anyone own both? Is there one you'd recommend over the other? Does the android store have just as many free things as the apple store?

Thanks.

P.S. Open to other ideas as well.
The 4S really was Apple's initative to catch up the iPhone to the latest Android phones on hardware and features. I know a lot of folks are not happy with the 4S but the updates where really on the OS and the phone's internals(RAM, CPU). I think the 4S is now more on par with Android devices.

However if you are comparing the older model of the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S II (SG2) there is no comparison. The SG2 is a much better phone.

On Apps there was a study a few months back that showed Android had more free apps than iOS. This is because many of the games that are "pay" on iOS are released free on Android because they come with ads.

Also Amazon's free app of the day usually releases apps and games for free as does "GetJar".

However as far as high end quality games iOS still is king here.

As for eBook readers Andriod apps tend to be better than iOS. Also if you prefer apps from Amazon or nook you can access their online stores directly from the app where as in the iOS you will have to go through iTunes or through the sites browser.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote