View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #65
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
What makes you prefer the Nexus to the iPad? Purely its portability? Why did you buy both?
ExaltedWombat - The reason I reach for the Nexus first most of the time is because:
1) Smaller size - easier to hold in one hand when reading
2) Better resolution - I have the iPad 2, which isn't quite as good from a resolution perspective as the Nexus 7. iPad 3 probably blows Nexus 7 out of the water with its Retina Display, but alas, I don't have that one!
3) The OS - There are a lot of nice touches in Android Jellybean that work well for my user experience, for example, the back button that is at the bottom left is used a lot. I always try to reach for that when I'm on the iPad and then remember that it doesn't have it.

I bought the iPad 2 first, and used it exclusively as my tablet for quite awhile. I became interested in getting a smaller tablet purely for convenience/portability and had been keeping an eye out for something. The Nexus 7 came out and I was impressed with the hardware and specs for the price and decided to jump in. I think you get a lot of bang for your buck with the Nexus 7. I had never used Android OS before this (I had an Iphone 4 as well -- switched to Samsung Galaxy S3 after I got the Nexus 7).

So I have both, but usually use my Nexus 7. My wife usually uses the iPad now.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote