View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I have set the template to {author_sort[0]}/{author_sort:list_item(0,\,)}, {title} to save a bit of space, only the surname of the first author is used. I think this would let me have about 3000-3500 books.

I am thinking about using {author_sort[0]}/{id} so each filename is just the Calibre library ID, which would allow about 5400 books.
Both are a good idea and would help. Personally, I don't think I'd like to lose the title from the filename, but, I also don't tend to keep that many books on my devices.
Quote:
Something along those lines would be nice as an option. Do you think using shorter names would help reduce the database size, or are the fields padded out to fill a fixed size?
The columns were the names are stored are not fixed length, so it should mean an overall smaller database. But, I don't know if it will be noticeable.

As to the changes, I'll add it to my list to look at, but it won't be near the top.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote