View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #37
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
There are many different things that need to be done for kindles bricked in different ways. You can use the sample RUNME.sh (especially the one shown in a code block in the message) to INSTALL yifanlu's touch usbnet. Because booting from diags makes diags the root partition, and the files in diags go in the same locations as in main, it should take a minimum amount of adjustment to make yifanlu's usbnet package install into the diags partiton. What I would do is just extract the files to the usb drive, and use RUNME.sh to copy them to the diags directories.

I posted this now so other people could do the easy stuff that I do not have time for now, like a RUNME.sh that installs yinfalu's usbnetwork SSH to diags, or a RUNME.sh that copies mmcblk0p1.img from the USB drive to /dev/mmcblk0p1. Partition images should be restored while booted from the OTHER partition, so be sure to boot with ENABLE_DIAGS when restoring the main partition. Writing a drive image to a drive that has open files is a very bad idea, which is WHY my RUNME.sh launcher that works from diags is important. Likewise, making a backup copy of a drive with open files can also result in a damaged image file. You should copy main while booted from diags, and copy diags while booting from main.

All you kindle developers need to take this diags RUNME.sh launcher that works on Touch and on K4NT, while booting from diags and while booting from main, and add more recovery features to it. We need a collection of different RUNME.sh files, with some kind or organizing and renaming method, so they do not get mixed up.

Please do NOT change mntusb.params inside the data.tar.gz. If you do, you will be in for unpleasant surprises. It has undergone a lot of testing before the diagnostic instrumentation was removed from it to simplify it. It was also tested after being stripped down to less than 10 percent of its previous size (it was originally a series of 3 stages of scripts). It is now easy to understand. But do not change it, unless you can supply missing drive sizes for kindle 1 or kindle 2...

This is just a small part of the kindle recovery / root shell / app installer / jailbreak package that I want US to develop. Not just yinfalu, or NiLuJe, or me and all the other developers alone. We need to get this organized into a team effort, like for OTHER tablet computers...

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 05:45 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote