View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #1301
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Cold Days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I started reading Cold Days earlier today and I just finished reading Chapter 14 I'm now heading for my bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I was down with the flu yesterday, so I was able to finish the new Iron Druid book Trapped and got about 2/3 of the way through Cold Days. Really good so far although Harry seems to get smacked around a lot for someone so powerful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
It would not be Harry if he didn't get pushed around. That is what makes him so human (if only in disguise). If he was all powerful, the story would end here - Harry becomes allmighty God - what is the fun in that ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Have to say this is one of the better books in the series although I have read around 20% of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I just finished Cold Days, and I thought, without being spoilery, there was no way Butcher was going to wrap up all those plot lines. But he mostly did. I really enjoyed it.

Poor Harry, his problems reached near cosmic levels in this one. I see very bad things in his future.

Edit: On to Trapped. though I'm probably making a serious "I'll just read a little bit before bed" mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I've read up to the end of Chapter 13 of Cold Days.

Darn work is getting in the way of my reading time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
O.k. So when's the next Dresden book coming out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
I enjoyed Cold Days as much as any other Dresden book, if not the MOST I've enjoyed of any Dresden book. I'm almost sad that I plowed through it so fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpeer View Post
All I can say is
Spoiler:
vajazzled

oh and
Spoiler:
I’ve had sex that didn’t feel as good as Maeve’s smile.

I actually think this might have been the Dresden book I have enjoyed the most, although I might say that after each one...

Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yeah..that one got me too. I've only had snippets of reading time yesterday and today. I don't expect to have much more tomorrow, so I'm hoping for serious, quality, reading time this weekend.
Zowie! What a fantastic book! And judging by the above quotes, a lot of you seem to think similarly. To me, Cold Days is the best, most exciting, most thrilling and most informative Dresden Files book so far. Also Cold Days has finally given me some insight and understanding as to just what that final Apocalyptic Trilogy that Jim promises for the finale to this series might contain.

WOW!!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote